WHAT IS SCIPP?
The Systematic Childhood Injury Prevention Program (SCIPP), created
by the California Chapter 4, American Academy of Pediatrics Injury
and Violence Prevention Program (CA4, AAP IVPP) is designed to
increase the quality, consistency and efficiency of injury prevention
counseling and education by health care professionals through:
- Implementation of an integrated system for injury prevention
interventions in various health care settings
- Development and dissemination of culturally and linguistically
appropriate injury prevention tools and materials to support
patient counseling and education
- Injury prevention education and training for health care professionals
and their staff
What you get…
The CA4, AAP IVPP will:
- Provide an orientation for assigned/designated site staff.
- Contact site staff periodically to provide technical assistance
- Provide IVPP educational materials.
- Provide on-going support to the provider until the termination
of the program (dependent upon future funding).
To be a part of
- Complete a Program Enrollment Form
- Assign a primary contact to liaison with CA4, AAP IVPP staff
during the course of the program.
- Facilitate periodic meetings with IVPP staff during program
- Display IVPP materials at site location and/or distribute materials
to site patients/clients.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for program modifications,
new sites and new venues.
- Provide data on program implementation to IVPP as requested.
If you are interested…
Jamie S. McDonald, MPH, CHES
Injury and Violence Prevention Program
Reach Out and Read Program
Phone: (949) 752-2787
Fax: (949) 752-2788
Click here to view current SCIPP sites